Monday, October 15, 2012

Brain Health

Terri Reed here talking brain health.  Recently my Pilates instructor gave me a copy of an article she'd found in a health and fitness journal about this topic.  This article stated multi-tasking is not healthy for our brains, it actually contributes to memory loss.  It is better to be in the moment and concentrate on one task at a time.  As someone worried about my memory and the hereditary disease of Alzheimer's,  I have been trying to take this advice to heart.  I have to confess I'm not good at focusing.  I'm juggling too many balls in the air,  but I'm am working on staying focused.  Lists help me.  Each morning I make a list of the tasks I need to do for that day.  Some days I get through them all, some days I roll a task over to the next day.  Doing this helps me to stay in the moment, focused and gives me a sense of accomplishment.  

What about you?  Do you make lists? Or try to keep track of everything in your head?

I found this article on the Harlequin reader service website.  I printed off the list of tips to delay and even prevent dementia and tacked it to my wall.
I hope you find it interesting and helpful.

http://simplybooksextra.readerservice.com/simplybooksextra/2012/09/keeping-your-brain-healthy/

 My October release has hit the shelves!



Do No Harm

As a trauma surgeon, Dr. Brenda Storm saves lives every day. But someone wants her dead.  It starts with the anonymous delivery of poisoned cupcakes.  Now the hospital has hired a bodyguard to protect her 24/7.  At first, Brenda doesn’t think too-handsome Kyle Martin is the right for the job.  Then she discovers his harrowing background—and that Kyle will do anything to keep her safe.  With every attempt on her life, she’s more drawn to the strong and silent man who risks his life for hers.  But their growing feelings could put them both in harm’s way.


No comments: