Tuesday, October 30, 2012

To Prague and back

Pat Davids here.
I've just returned from the trip of a lifetime. I took a river cruise on the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers through Europe from Amsterdam to Budapest and then by bus to Prague in the Czech Republic.

 Every bend in the river brought another castle, a church, a vinyard or old-world towns into view. I was constantly running to get my camera, but the pictures don't do justice to the beauty I saw.
If you ever have a chance to take such a trip, do it. For me, the highlight of the trip was visiting Prague. My mother's family came from the region and I have always wanted to visit. I wasn't disappointed. It is an awesome city.

Tell me, where did your family hail from and have you ever had the chance to visit that place? Would you if you had the chance?  


No comments: