Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Big Apple and RWA 2011!



By Debby Giusti
This time three weeks ago, I was touring New York City and getting ready for the opening of the Romance Writers of America National Convention. Writing conferences are always fun. I learn so much from the workshops as well as chatting with industry professionals outside the regularly scheduled programs. The best part, of course, is seeing old friends!


One of the highlights of my trip to New York was visiting the Love Inspired Office located in the Woolworth Building, along with Love Inspired Historical author Janet Dean. Commissioned in 1910 by five and dime mogul Frank W. Woolworth, the 57-floor skyscraper--one of the oldest in the city--is a National Historic Landmark and sits across from Park Place and City Hall, not far from the Brooklyn Bridge. The lobby, shaped in the form of a cross, has a vaulted ceiling with inlaid mosaics that reminded me more of a gilded ballroom than an office building.
Entering the narrow wooden elevator that was state-of-the-art in its day, Janet and I headed to the 10th floor where Executive Editor Joan Marlow Golan (photo above: Debby, Joan, Janet) gave us a warm welcome. Senior Editor Tina James (below center) showed us around the suite as she explained the steps our manuscripts take from submission to publication. My hat's off to the entire Love Inspired team and the fantastic books they publish. Seeing their small offices and the piles of manuscripts waiting for review made me appreciate them even more!

To learn more about my time in NYC, visit http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/ tomorrow, July 20. I'll be giving away a copy of THE OFFICER'S SECRET, the first book in my Military Investigations series, and THE OFFICER'S SECRET T-shirt, featuring my Prayer for Our Military. Size XL, it's perfect for a pool cover-up or nightshirt.
Wishing you abundant blessings,


Debby Giusti





























No comments: