Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Goodreads

Camy here! I have to confess that although I have been a member of Goodreads for a couple years, I never really used it much until recently. And I love it!

I’ve found a couple Christian fiction groups that are really active and very fun. There are two Love Inspired Goodreads groups:

Love Inspired Books
Love Inspired Historicals

And I also found a Nook lovers group that gives great advice on technical support, info on the new devices, etc. I also belong to groups run by my favorite authors, but I don’t always read those unless there’s an announcement of a new book or something.

And then I took the plunge and started my own group! Check it out:
Q&A with Camy Tang

Please join my group! (Yes, I’m begging!) And feel free to start a new discussion thread or anything like that.

I also love that Goodreads lists so many books, including their different editions AND if they belong to a series or not. And some of them have the character names listed, too! That’s so awesome! (I told this to my husband and he just stared at me blankly. I guess a database of book covers, blurbs, series, and character names is only neat to fiction readers. Sigh.)

I had the .jpgs of covers that weren’t on the book listings, so I was able to edit the book listings and add the covers and sometimes the back cover blurbs, too. I love that readers can do that!

Are you on Goodreads? Friend me: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/291940.Camy_Tang

Camy Tang writes romance with a kick of wasabi. Out now is her humorous contemporary romance novel, Single Sashimi, and her romantic suspense, Formula for Danger. In her spare time, she is a staff worker for her church youth group, and she leads one of the worship teams for Sunday service. On her blog, she ponders dogs, knitting and spinning wool, running, Asiana, and other frivolous things. Sign up for her newsletter for giveways!

Click here to find out how you can join my Street Team—it’s free and there’s lots of chances to win prizes!

No comments: