Thursday, December 9, 2010

Live Nativity Pageant

Our little town does its own version of the Nativity every year the first weekend of December. This year marked the 57 year, though there were two breaks in between. Once because there was no one to run it and another because the rain was so bad, it was dangerous for the actors, the animals, and the spectators.

My kids and I love to bundle up and trek out into the desert with our lawn chairs and mugs of hot chocolate. This year was no different. It was so peaceful and quiet -or as quiet as it could be with over 300 hundred people in attendance and the live animals, but there was such a sense of calm and peace and darkness, it's as if we were transported back into time. It's as if we were there to witness His birth. And that was the best gift of all. (although the year my son played the baby Jesus ranks pretty high up there, too)

Merry Christmas everyone. May your days be peaceful and stress free.

9 comments:

Pamela Tracy said...

I didn't know that happened. Kim, invite me next year. It sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Sure Pam. And we'll do dinner beforehand!

Susan Sleeman said...

I've never been to a live nativity. Hope to experience it someday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by Susan. If you're in Arizona the first weekend in December, you're more than welcome to come with us. Merry Christmas.

Rose said...

I would have loved to been there to see it.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a real nativity some day. I think my whole family would love it but my mom more than anyone!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a live nativity one day. My mother would enjoy it more than anything in the world!

Loves 2 Read Romance - Laura said...

I haven't been to a live nativity but I would love to one day. What an honor to have your son play Baby Jesus!!

Anonymous said...

It was awesome Mary. If you're in AZ-it's worth the drive. Thanks for stopping by anonymous, it truly is something to see. Hi Laura. Yes, my son still talks about it even if he doesn't remember it. :)