Thursday, December 30, 2010

Carolyne Aarsen's - The Baby Promise


In a couple of days I have a new book coming out, The Baby Promise. This book is a story about a promise made to a dying soldier by his fellow soldier and the consequences of that action. There are secrets and lies and hidden hurts. And a Baby. And a Ranch. And a soldier who has to heal. I loved writing this story and the various aspects of it. I also loved the 'job' I gave to my heroine. It was more of a hobby than anything, but it is her way of controlling a world that, for her, has gone out of control. She makes cards. I had just discovered this hobby myself. I've made scrapbooks for many years, but had never ventured into the card-making aspect of paper craft. And when I did, a whole new world opened up to me. I love the smallness of the job. I love how it doesn't take days and days to finish a card. And I love buying the new supplies for this new hobby. So my heroine made cards as well and in the process, found her own way to heal. If you want to find out more about NIck and Beth, pick up The Baby Promise. I promise you, you'll enjoy it.

3 comments:

Jenna Mindel said...

Carolyne,
Looking forward to your book. I LOVE the hero-makes-a-death-promise-to-take-care-of-heroine stories! Although, I'm not keen on card-making, I'm just not very crafty. LOL. Although, my husband recently got into "beading". He makes the most beautiful necklaces-and I've made a few too. We use alot of "stone" beads -fossil corals, jasper, agate etc. It's fun.
Happy New Year everyone!

Loves 2 Read Romance - Laura said...

I already have your book from Reader Services and I can't wait to read it!

Sheila Deeth said...

Sounds like one I would definitely enjoy.

sdeeth at msn dot com