Monday, December 13, 2010
Christmas Bodyguard by Margaret Daley
This is an interview of Elizabeth Walker, my heroine in my Love Inspired Suspense book for December called Christmas Bodyguard. This is the first book in Guardians, Inc. Series. The second book will be out in June called Protecting Her Own and the third one will be out in September called Hidden in the Everglades. This series is about a female bodyguard agency. I decide to write about female bodyguards because I enjoy stories with bodyguards in them, but I wanted to do something a little different. What would it be like to be a bodyguard?
1. Elizabeth, tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense?
I work for Guardians, Inc. as a bodyguard. Slade Caulder hired me to protect his teenage daughter. I have been a bodyguard for five years, mainly protecting children and women. My petite stature sometimes fools people. I am very good at protecting my clients.
2. So, during the book you met Slade Caulder. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
Slade is a self-made millionaire who runs a worldwide corporation. He is a widower with a 16-year-old daughter. He is a take charge kind of guy who is at a loss in this present situation. He will do anything to protect this child.
Seeing his devotion and love to his family is what drew me to him. I didn't have that when I was growing up.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I have worked hard to learn to protect myself from others. I will never allow a person to abuse me again. I know how to defend myself physically, but after meeting Slade, I realize I don't know how to defend myself emotionally.
4. What scares you?
Not much scares me anymore, but I have worked very hard to overcome my fears.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I had not gone from one extreme to the other--from being too dependent on others to being too independent.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
My faith is very strong. The Lord is who gave me the strength to pull my life back together after my husband divorced me and I hit rock bottom.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
My faith has been strengthened as I have shown Slade the power of the Lord.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and He shall say: Here I am. Isaiah 58:9
The significance of this Bible verse is that the Lord is always with us, even in times of trouble.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Vanilla ice cream--a no nonsense dessert