Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Recipe to Share

Hi, Terri Reed here and I wanted to share with you a recipe that a dear friend gave me.
This dip was a big hit at a gathering not long ago. I think I ate half the pot myself.

Chile Cream Chees Dip by Penny Love
3/4 cup chopped yellow onions
2 tbsp butter or margarine
8 oz canned stewed tomatoes with just a little juice
4 oz chopped green chiles
8oz cream cheese, cubed
1/3 cup half and half
In skillet cook onion in butter until soft. Add tomatoes and chiles. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Lower heat; blend in cream cheese. Slowly add half and half. Mix well. Heat through. Makes approx. 2 cups.
Serve warm in a crock pot or fondue dish. Goes great with tortilla chips, bread cubes, pita bread, crackers.

Try it and enjoy!

Don't forget to look for Covert Pursuit at a store near you!

1 comment:

Terri Reed said...

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy.