Thursday, May 20, 2010

Front Porch Friends

Missy Tippens here. I shared with my newsletter subscribers the other day that the photo I use on my website and blog isn't actually my front porch. (Several people had written to ask me!) Alas, I don't have a green thumb, so my porch isn't quite as beautiful as this one.

But I love the idea of having a porch like this. A place to sit with friends and enjoy a nice evening. I guess you could say my back deck serves that function better than my front porch. I have some comfortable furniture, and we love to eat outside in the spring and fall.

So what's your front porch like? Or do you have a place outdoors where you like to enjoy this beautiful spring weather?
**********
You can find Missy, and sign up for her quarterly email newsletter, at www.missytippens.com.
If you'd like Missy to send you a copy of her recent newsletter with the real front porch photo, just email her at missytippens @ aol.com (and remove the extra spaces).

4 comments:

Missy Tippens said...

Juanita, I loved that photo too! I found it at a site where you can pay for the use of the photos. It just made me feel at home and at peace as soon as I saw it. :)

Missy Tippens said...

Cindy, I love wraparound porches! There are some gorgeous Victorian homes around town, and I just love their porches.

Thanks for stopping by!

Missy Tippens said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. But what wonderful memories of sitting and listening to rain.

Missy Tippens said...

Lucinda, I'm sorry to hear about your loss as well.