Monday, September 29, 2014

A Heroic Christmas

Susan Sleeman here. I've been attending weekly sessions of our local police academy to get insights into the job of  a police officer. I not only get to hear from the fine men and women who protect me, but I'll also get to go on a ride along. I'll spend four hours of a shift with the patrol officer traveling the streets of my city and seeing his or her job first hand. I can't wait. I'm so in awe of our law enforcement officers and the troops who defend our country. I see each and everyone of them as heroes who deserve our utmost respect.

So when my editor asked me to join with Debby Guisti and Jodie Bailey to create a Christmas themed novella featuring military heroes, I wholeheartedly accepted and enjoyed every minute of writing my story, Special Ops Christmas. The book is releasing in a few days and here's a quick description of the stories and I hope you'll look for it in stores or at online retailers.

 

HOLIDAY DEFENDERS 

THIS HOLIDAY SEASON, THREE MILITARY MEN OF HONOR MUST DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO SAVE CHRISTMAS


Mission: Christmas Rescue by Debby Giusti 
On the run from a killer, Elizabeth Tate must accept U.S. Army Captain Nick Fontaine’s protection for the sake of her young niece and nephew. Now her life is in the hands of the very man who broke her heart years ago.

Special Ops Christmas by Susan Sleeman 
Researcher Claire Reed’s top secret project is stolen, putting her at risk of being kidnapped to unlock it. Her undercover bodyguard—her former love, Green Beret Travis Chapman—is on his most dangerous mission yet.

Homefront Holiday Hero by Jodie Bailey 
When someone tries to kill the daughter of a military official, U.S. Army major Tyler Rainey must keep Kelly Walters from harm…while guarding his own heart against very unexpected feelings.




SUSAN SLEEMAN is a best-selling author of inspirational and clean read romantic suspense books. Awards include Thread of Suspicion-2013 Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Best Book Award, No Way Out-2014 Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence finalist, and The Christmas Witness-2012 Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence finalist. In addition to writing, Susan also hosts the popular website TheSuspenseZone.com. She currently lives in Oregon with her husband, but has lived in nine states. They have two daughters, a son-in-law, and an adorable grandson. To connect with Susan outside of her – Website visit any of these social media sites-

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Susan, I hope you come back and tell us how your ride along went? How exciting that you get to ride along and for this new book you have coming out! Blessings to you, Jenny
Hi Ladies!