Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sadie Hawkins

Hi all, Terri Reed here. Do you remember Sadie Hawkins from your high school days? Did you know the tradition originated from the comic strip Li'l Abner?  I just now discovered that.  I never read the comic so had no idea, but I remember Sadie Hawkins vividly.  My freshmen year I asked a popular senior and he accepted.  About gave my poor step-father a heart attack.  At the time I thought no big deal, what's all the fuss about.  Ha!  As a mom, I realize exactly what the fuss was about. The guy was too old for me! :-)  Thankfully, my daughter now is twenty and we're past this stage but I still have a son. Tonight my little boy, who towers over me--I might add,  is going to Sadie Hawkins with a girl who asked him.  They are friends. She's a sweetie and I wouldn't mind if they dated...in about five or ten or so years.  :-)  But they're only sixteen.  I'm not ready for my son to have a girlfriend.  I don't want him to grow up!  Of course, he will, that's inevitable.  I'm so proud of this kid.  He's becoming such a fine young man.
The school my son attends doesn't do 'dances'.  So tonight the kids are headed to a pumpkin patch with a corn maze, a bonfire and I've heard a rumor there will be a mechanical bull.   Thankfully, the weather is gorgeous.  No rain today.  Actually sunny right now.  But cold.  Perfect for autumn.  Soon we'll be sliding into Thanksgiving and then Christmas.
Speaking of Christmas...I have a new release coming out next month.  A 2 in 1 novella collection with Shirlee McCoy.


CHRISTMAS COMES WRAPPED IN DANGER… 
Holiday Hero by Shirlee McCoy 
Emma Fairchild never expected to find trouble in sleepy Sagebrush, Texas. But when she's attacked and left for dead in her own diner, her childhood friend turned K-9 cop Lucas Harwood offers a chance at justice—and love. 
Rescuing Christmas by Terri Reed 
She escaped a kidnapper, but now a killer has set his sights on K-9 dog trainer Lily Anderson. When fellow officer Jarrod Evans appoints himself her bodyguard, Lily knows more than her life is at risk—so is her heart. 
Texas K-9 Unit: These lawmen solve the toughest cases with the help of their brave canine partners


  

No comments: