I will give a copy of Guarding the Witness away from the names of the people who leave a message and leave their email address. I will pick a winner this Sunday evening.
Arianna Jackson, the heroine of Guarding the Witness written by Margaret Daley, a June release by Love Inspired Suspense.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
I am a bodyguard with Guardians, Inc. I was on assignment when I witnessed a mobster killing my client's husband. I went into the Witness Protection Program in order to testify against the murderer.
2. So, during the book you met Brody Callahan. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
He was the U.S. Marshal heading the team guarding me. If it hadn't been for him, I most likely would be dead when a group of assassins came after me. My first impression of him was that this man was very capable of protecting me, and I'm a person who knows how to do that--had for years as a bodyguard. I knew I was in love when I could put my trust in him.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
My determination, professionalism and caring are my strengths. Sometimes I need to accept help but I have a hard time doing that. I'm used to being on my own and protecting myself. Trusting comes hard to me.
4. What scares you?
Rushing water--I almost drown in a river when I was a child.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Be more trusting--it keeps me a part from others because of my distrust.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
I believe in the Lord, but through the story as I run for my life, my faith is tested and deepened.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
I learned to put my total trust in the Lord. He was with me as I fought to stay alive.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5,6) This verse expressed the conflict within Arianna--totally trusting the Lord.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Key Lime Pie--a little sweet, a little tart.