Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oh, Christmas Tree!

Jenna Mindel here, loving all things Christmas!  I get really excited for Christmas around October.  I break out the Christmas Carols, settle into reading Christmas-time romances by my fellow LI authors, and dream of that first snowfall and finding the perfect Christmas tree.
  
The beginning of December heralds my annual trek with my husband to cut down a fresh smelling Christmas Tree.  Frasier Firs are my favorite, but this year we have a lovely Balsam cut from our friends' property.  For me, nothing less than a real tree will do and I love tromping around the woods or a tree farm looking for that special tree that speaks to me.  You know, those trees really want the honor of coming home to be decorated! LOL.
2012 Tree

Silver table top tree
That's when the fun begins.  The lights, the glass, the cherished ornaments...  I happen to be a vintage ornament lover too.  I've been collecting the 1940's glass balls forever. 
Remember Shiny-Brite?  But I love blown glass and fruit & veggie ornaments too - so I've got a mix of old and new. 

What special Christmas time collections do you have?  Or have you started collecting?  


Got to have a Christmas Pickle


No comments: