Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Husband's Proposal


This is Margaret Daley. Mike and I had talked about getting married. I knew that he would propose when he came to visit me over Christmas break. He lived in Tulsa and I lived in Biloxi. We both went to Vanderbilt. He flew down to see me after Christmas. I met him at the airport and couldn’t wait to get the ring. I wanted him to give it to me in the middle of the airport. He did, but won’t let me forget it. He had planned a wonderful dinner to propose to me. He was going to hide the ring in the food. Yes, he was--I’m kind of glad that didn’t happen--I could see me choking on the ring. I know it wasn’t the most romantic way to propose, but I remember it vividly and treasure it. We have been married for forty-two years and he’s my best friend.

Okay, now it is your turn. Anyone want to share how their husband proposed to them or how you proposed to your wife?

No comments: