Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What a Week!

By Debby Giusti

Some weeks are busier than others. My son participated in his first triathlon over the weekend.  I went to cheer him on at the finish line and also to take pictures and research how the race is organized.  Hopefully, the information I learned will appear in a future book. 

Tonight I led my bi-monthly writing class at church.  Some of the folks are creating children's stories, two women are writing songs, a couple of folks are working on poetry. One gentleman has self-published a non-fiction book, and two ladies are working on mysteries. One gal has recently published the first book in her who-done-it series. Although we're an eclectic group, writing is writing, and the folks enjoy learning new techniques to improve their craft.

Today, I'm working on a blog about what I picked up at the recent Romance Writers of American Conference in Anaheim, California. The post will run on www.seekerville.blogspot.com tomorrow. I'm giving away a copy of one of my books, winner's choice, so stop by and leave a comment to be entered in the drawing.

LtoR: Leigh Bales, Roxanne Rustand and Debby Giusti
at the Readers for Life book signing in Anaheim that raised
$50,000 for literacy.
 THE COLONEL'S DAUGHTER, the third book in my Military Investigations series, is in stores now.  I'm having a signing this Thursday, August 16, at my favorite indepedent book store, Omega Book Center, in Peachtree City, GA. The proceeds will benefit needy children of deployed military servicemen and women as well as Wounded Warriors.  Store owned Karen Duncan ships books throughout the US. Call 770-487-3977 to order your copy and help our military heroes.
LtoR: Pamela Tracy and Debby Giusti at the
RWA National's Awards Ceremony.

Friday, I'll be working on my next story and collecting photos to help the Art Department create a cover.  Seems there's always something new and exciting to do. One thing's for sure, a writer's life is never dull. 

What's on your schedule this week?

Happy writing!

Wishing you abundant blessings,
Debby Giusti
www.DebbyGiusti.com
www.seekerville.blogspot.com
www.craftieladiesofsuspense.blogspot.com

No comments: