Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer's a good time for romance....

Jenna Mindel here, thoroughly enjoying summer in Northern Michigan.  Lots of other folks travel to the area to enjoy summers too - and who can blame them with the pristine beaches and quaint shops and fun fesitvals!  Check out those Pure Michigan commercials narrated by Tim Allen and you'll see what I mean.  


Anyway, I'm a winter time kind of gal who adores reading romances set during the Christmas season, but there's something awfully sweet about the summer-time romance.  Maybe it's because summer romance holds a bit of nostalgia for me.  I recieved my very first kiss on a Ferris Wheel during the July 4th Field Days in my hometown of Cazenovia, NY.  In Northern Michigan, field days are called festivals.   And there's tons of festivals up here! 

In the book I'm currently writing, I'm using the well known Cherry Festival held the 2nd week of July in Traverse City, MI as the backdrop for the "big" kiss between my characters.   Sinclair Marsh finally comes home and falls for childhood buddy, Hope Petersen.   Their story should release during the spring of 2013 so stay tuned or check my website at http://www.jennamindel.com/ for upcoming news.  Truly, writing a summer time set romance is alot of fun, and hopefully I'll capture that summertime feel. 

Which leads me to my question - what is your favorite seasonal setting for romance?

No comments: