Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Renee Ryan's Wedding Survival Tips

Well, we made it through the wedding. Our son is now a married man and our pockets are much lighter due to travel expenses, wedding gifts, rehearsal dinner, etc. The picture is of our son and his new bride. I think it looks like a romance novel come to life (at least in sentiment). What say you? As a writer of romance novels I've spent a lot of time thinking about weddings. I've included a lot of ceremonies in my books, but always from the bride or groom's perspective. Today, I've decided to give a few survival tips for the guests. There are only two! We'll call them the golden rules of wedding attendance. 1. This is the bride and groom's day, not yours. 2. When in doubt, refer back to rule number one. Okay, maybe I've simplified things a bit. Nevertheless, it's an honor to attend a wedding, a time when we spectators are given a small glimpse into the private love of a man and woman. We have been asked to witness a public pledge by two people who plan to spend the rest of their lives together, in good times and bad, sickness and health. What a blessing.

No comments: