Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend getaway...

My dear husband is back at home, keeping the dogs, horses and cats fed and happy, and as I write this I'm off on my favorite fall trip--a gal's getaway up to Lyn Cote's home in the far north of Wisconsin.  Lyn is an author of Love Inspired Suspense, Love Inspired Romance, and Love Inspired Historicals, so she is one busy lady!


Our mutual friend Pat and I make this an annual trek and love every minute as we drive north, stopping at consignment shops and other favorite haunts (Michael's Custard in Verona is wonderful!)

Once we arrive at in the north country, Lyn and I often  talk about plotting books, while Pat and I love to to take photos of the beautiful lakes and fall colors.  Today, Lyn and Steve took us out for hours on their lovely pontoon boat, and I took hundreds photos.  Isn't digital fun?   :)

The leaves against a black background, by the way, were floating in the lake, in the shadows next to the dock.  And the eagles?  I think the one on the left is giving his friend a stern lecture!

What are your favorite places  to go for a long weekend away from home?  Do you enjoy going someplace where you can just sit and relax, or do you like to hike, bike or ski?

Wishing you all the best for a gorgeous fall season,

Roxanne Rustand
www.roxannerustand.com
10/11  A Home in Hill Country, Harlequin Heartwarming               11/11  The Loner's Thanksgiving Wish   Love Inspired

No comments: