Monday, September 19, 2011

The Outer Banks Series

Dangerous Reunion, the first book in my Ocracoke Island series, released in July. Check out the trailer here. This book was such a labor of love for me since I'd become intrigued by the island when I first visited there three years ago. Now the book is finally out, and I'm already looking forward to the next one in the series.

The three books tell the stories of three siblings who live on the island. Kate, the oldest, is the heroine of Dangerous Reunion. She is the chief deputy for the county on the island. Her peaceful world is turned upside down when Brock Gentry, the man who broke their engagement, returns to the island seeking her forgiveness. As she agonizes over his reappearance, other events soon take precedence over her personal feelings. A killer targets her, and she and Brock must stop him before Kate becomes his next victim.

With this book now in release, I have turned my attention to the second one in the series, Shattered Identity. In the first book Kate and her sisters Betsy and Emma are reunited with their long lost brother Scott. He is the son by their father's first marriage and was kidnapped when he was a baby by his dead mother's sister.

When they find Scott, he has just left the military and is suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He is haunted by the things he witnessed in battle and those who died on the battlefield. These experiences have left him determined not to subject a woman to the nightmare of his life. However, he hasn't counted on meeting Lisa Wade, the dispatcher at the island sheriff's office.

They become friends, and Scott volunteers to help Lisa with a renovation project at her house. They find a hiding place that contains the diary belonging to Lisa's mother who supposedly committed suicide when Lisa was three years old. Information in the diary leads them to suspect that Lisa's mother may have been murdered. As they begin to search for the truth, they discover that someone on the island is determined to conceal what happened twenty-five years ago even if that means causing Lisa to meet the same fate as her mother.

The island lighthouse which is the oldest operating one on the eastern seaboard plays a major role in Shattered Identity. The book releases in February, and I can hardly wait. I haven't even seen the cover yet so I'm excited about that, too. I'll post it as soon as I get it. I hope you'll keep checking with my website and blog so that you can catch the first glimpse of it when I receive it.

No comments: