Tuesday, August 23, 2011

K.Z.



Pat Davids here,



I'd like you to meet the newest member of my family. K.Z. This pound puppy arrived at my home a few weeks ago and boy has my life changed.


For one thing, no shoes can be kicked off when you get home. They must be put away because the toe or strap will instantly become a puppy chew toy. Not good.


You must be prepared to race to the back door on a moment's notice, day or night, and throw it open before a puddle can form on the carpet. I'm getting faster.


Occasionally, you can expect a pile of puppy poo in the den even if the dog has been outside for two hours. Sometimes, when K.Z. is playing hard she forgets to do her business until she comes in. You need eyes in the back of your head to spot K.Z's long tail heading toward her favorite spot behind the coffee table.


When K.Z. joins you in bed, expect to sleep on a very small strip of the mattress. No amount of pushing or shoving can move a sleeping pup from her beauty rest. She's almost 40 pounds of beauty and I expect she will grow bigger. Much bigger.


Thank goodness she almost has me trained. At least she fetches her own ball.


Tell me about your pet. Has your pound pup or kitten managed to train you?

No comments: