Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Second Chance Family
My fourth book in the Fostered by Love series is out in July (on the shelves now) called Second Chance Family. It is Whitney Maxwell's story (Noah Maxwell's sister from book three). Below I have an interview with Whitney who meets Dr. Shane McCoy in the book. Dr. McCoy works with troubled children and has often worked with children at Stone's Refuge. Both Whitney and Shane are wounded souls who are trying to deal with their pasts. When Shane's son, Jason, who has autism, brings these two people together, their world changes. Will they have a second chance at love? Will Whitney get the family she's always yearned for?
Interview with the heroine from Second Chance Family by Margaret Daley:
1. Whitney Maxwell, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Since my brother, Noah, found me in Dallas last year, I have hope that I can make my life count for something. I’m studying to be a teacher and have discovered how much I love working with children.
2. What do you do for fun?
I love to ride horses. I go out to Stone’s Refuge to ride with the foster care children there.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Cleaning my apartment—you clean and not a couple of days later it is dirty again.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Last year I would have said nothing. Now I’m beginning to think never having something like Noah and Cara do. Seeing how much my brother and sister-in-law love each other makes me wish I could have that—but I don’t see that really in my life.
5. What do you want out of life?
To help others—especially children in need. I’ve been there. I don’t want others to go through what I did as a child.
6. What is the most important thing to you?
Being needed, accepted totally no matter what I’ve done.
7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?
Right now I’m reading a lot of textbooks because I’m going to school to become a teacher.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My past—it’s something I’m not proud of. I made some bad choices. I was angry and didn’t have much hope my situation would change.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Callie, a cat. She is a great listener.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
To when I was a child. I wish I could do over my life with what I know now.