Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter by Leann Harris

I was touch by Marta's post yesterday. This is Easter week where we walk through the suffering, death and Resurrection of Christ. Years ago I heard a song on the radio by Harvest entitled Because I Am where Mary meets Christ on the road and tells him if he'd hurried her brother, Lazarus, wouldn't be dead.  Christ responds I am the Resurrection, I am the Life, and he who believes in me, though dead shall not die. Because I am.

When I first heard those words, I got chill bumps.  To this day, I can't listen to that song without it touching my heart.  It is a song of hope.

As I see my garden, the life coming back to it, that also speaks to my of life and this Easter week.

2 comments:

Lyn Cote said...

Beautiful photo of the iris, Leann. Because He lives we can face tomorrow!

Leigh Bale said...

Thanks for your inspiring thoughts, folks. It makes Easter even more special. :)