Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Allie Pleiter on Happy Endings

I don’t know about you, but life sure seems messy lately.  Dear friends are sick, families close to us are in pain, jobs are stressful, and the world seems to be serving up a heaping helping of giant-sized problems.  I don’t have to look very far to find bad news.

That’s why I am on the hunt for good news.  For good things, happy stories, light, and love to balance out all that stuff that’s weighing my soul down.  

Back when my son was sick, I began the practice of listing four blessings every morning.  I would think and think (and some days think some more) until I could come up with four things to be thankful for at the start of every day.  I still do this every morning.  It helps my brain be on the lookout for the blessings God sends even on the worst of days.

Love Inspired does the same thing.  I get many letters from readers who say they choose Love Inspired books as the light spot in their dreary world, whatever it is they may be facing.  Happy endings have power.  We all need reminding of love’s conquering power and faith’s ability to sustain us.

Even though my Gordon Falls series (THE FIREMAN’S HOMECOMING which came out in June and THE FIREFIGHTER’S MATCH coming in November) deal with some serious issues, they tell of the light and love that still exists in the world.  It’s why I write romance--I don’t want to spend my time and energy adding to the world’s angst, I want to send the antidote!


So before you dive into your daily dose of Love Inspired, join in my daily habit:  tell me four good things about today.  I trust it will start you on the lookout for more.

No comments: