RSS Feed for Love Inspired BlogFollow the Love Inspired Authors on TwitterVisit the Love Inspired Authors on Facebookout nowcoming nextour authorscontestblogcontact

Our Blog

 

Monday, March 4, 2013

When Inspiration Strikes

Hi, all. Charlotte Carter here.

I have recently endured a hard-drive crash. This, as many of you may know, is not a fun thing. In my case I could handle e-mail on my hubby’s computer but he doesn’t have the word processing program that I use for my writing.

Talk about having withdrawal pains for nearly a week!

The good news is that my sub-conscience kept on working away. On the second night of withdrawal, I woke abruptly at 4:00 a.m. My energetic sub-conscious had found the ‘perfect’ conversation the hero and heroine need to have in the new proposal I’m writing for my editor.

The hero, it seems, had given up on prayer and faith when things started going wrong in his career. God wasn’t answering his prayers. The heroine, sweet girl that she is, points out that maybe God was answering, but hero wasn’t receiving the answer he wanted. What other answer could it be? he asks. I bet figures it out by the end of the story. <g>

Now I’m in great shape for that proposal if I’m able to read my 4:00 a.m. scribbled handwriting.

When does inspiration strike you?

Happy reading.....
Char......
Home to Montana, Love Inspired, available now www.charlottecarter.com

Labels: , , , , , , ,


 

8 Comments:

  • At March 4, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Charlotte....sorry for the computer issues....hope all is well now.

    I am just a reader...so "inspiration" does not apply to me! lol
    jackie.smith[at]dishmail[dot]net

     
  • At March 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Blogger Char.... said…

    Jackie, thanks for the sympathy! I bet you get inspiration for other activities like what to have for dinner or a design you'd like to try for a craft project. Taking a shower or a walk can work for me.
    Char.......

     
  • At March 4, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Somedays I have no inspiration at all and I just want to read. My boys inspire me the most to get up and do something with and I always enjoy that! Thanks Char for a great blog and for all your hard you put into your books!
    jennydtipton(at)gmail(dot)com

     
  • At March 4, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Blogger Char.... said…

    Thanks, Jenny. I suspect your boys love it when they inspire you to do something fun with them. "Let's go roller skating, Mom!"
    Char......

     
  • At March 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Blogger Rose said…

    I have the most inspiration when I'm playing the piano or spending time with my horse.
    andantespirit08(at)gmail(dot)com

     
  • At March 4, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Blogger Char.... said…

    That's wonderful, andantespirit. Music and the comfort of animals take you away from the stress and free your imagination. Our kitty did that for me, too, except we lost her last year. Lobbying for a new kitty soon! Yard not big enough for a horse...gasp.
    Char......

     
  • At March 5, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I get my inspiration at random. Sometimes I get inspiration while I'm cleaning or early mornings. Even while I'm relaxing listening to music or watching t.v.
    I never know when it's going to hit me so I've been learning to always be prepared.

    kaylenespence(at)gmail(dot)com

     
  • At March 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Blogger Char.... said…

    Kaylene, I always have a notebook of some sort with me or next to my bed at night. Of course my hubby isn't too thrilled with that middle of the night scratch-scratch of pencil on paper. :( But I don't want to lose an idea even if it sounds dumb in the morning.
    Char....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home