Friday, February 4, 2011

What is it about romances?




Jenna Mindel here, and thank you for joining me on my first blog. I'm technologically challenged and you wouldn't believe how many times I accidentally deleted my images.

Anyway, here goes...

February makes me think of snowy sunsets, chocolate covered cherries, and well... romance.

I'm thrilled to have a February release titled Season of Dreams. (http://www.jennamindel.com/)

A question to ponder. What is it about romances that keeps us coming back again and again?

I have loved romantic stories since I was a young girl. Reading fairy tales and watching oodles of old movies must have had something to do with it. The Quiet Man is one of my favorite movies. It's a perfect romance packed with conflict, humor, and the best first kiss scene in movie history. (my opinion, but just watch and you'll see.)

For me its not just the happily-ever-after. It's the chase. My favorite moment of that chase has to be the killer first kiss that rattles the hero to his soul because he realizes the heroine is one for him.

What's your favorite moment in a romance? What brings you back to them over and over?

7 comments:

Jan Drexler said...

My favorite moment in a romance has to be when she (or he) realizes that there is hope for a future with this person - not just a date, or even a long term fling, but forever. That moment holds so much promise....

Jenna Mindel said...

Jan,
So true - that's a magical moment. I love knowing that the hero and heroine will make it. :)

Lisa Jordan said...

Congrats on your Feb. release. Love the cover!

I'm a happily ever after girl, so I know for the duration of the romance novel or romantic comedy, there's going to be a heart-satisfying happily ever moment that will make my little twitter-pated heart sigh.

Christine Johnson said...

I have to agree with Jan. Love that moment of hope and realization when it all comes together. Of course "the chase" comes in a close second.

Love your books, Jenna!

Jenna Mindel said...

Lisa -
There is something to be said about the "sigh" factor of the happily ever after.

Thanks on the cover! I love it too. It's funny but I think the is heroine is wearing floods and my husband mocks me about a couple pairs of pants I wear that are total floods! (but they are too comfy to pitch)
LOL

Jenna Mindel said...

Hey Christine,

Thank you!

Okay, that's 3 votes for the HEA -
to my 1 vote for first kiss. :)

Jenna Mindel said...

I just found the Quiet Man scene I referenced on YouTube. Go figure.

Check it out if you'd like. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu8PcufLNsQ

Titled - The Quiet Man-1952 She Can Talk.