Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Miracle Needed

Pat Davids here, and I'm asking for a miracle.
I need your prayers, ladies and gentleman. Rather, I should say that my cousin Kay needs your prayers. She has a brain turmor. They were unable to get all of it in surgery and they are telling us she doesn't have much time left.

I'm a nurse and I've seen many a medical miracle in my time. There's just no way to explain how a baby's failing heart suddenly begins beating strongly when his mother is brought to his side. Shouldn't have happened, but it did. He's in high school now and I often think, what do we really know about medicine? We've only skimmed the surface of understanding. My friend, Jean, had a brain turmor. They gave her three months to live and she's doing well after four years now without a trace of cancer. They both got their miracles, is there one more?

I know there is. I know it as surely as I know there is a keyboard under my fingers. I also know miracle don't come around that often. So I'm praying for one more. I'm selfish. I want Kay to see another birthday, I want her to dance at her daughter's wedding. More than that, I want her to know how much she is loved.

I won't be by my computer today to reply until late tonight. I've got to go to the hospital, but leave me a note and I'll pass your words on to Kay tomorrow. She is a true believer, but even the bravest among us needs the help of others.
Blessings to all.

7 comments:

Patty Smith Hall said...

Praying for Kay and for you.

Crystal Laine said...

I can add Kay in the same prayer for the same brain cancer that my cousin Annette has. She is really tired, along with her family. Yesterday she had surgery again.

We feel so helpless. But our God is not helpless. Miracles can happen and I pray for healing for Kay and Annette--just a while longer.

Praying for you, too, Pat.

Janet Lee Barton said...

Praying for Kay!

Project Journal said...

Most definitely praying for Kay. My thoughts are with you all.
Hannah

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kay as well.

Pat Davids said...

Everyone, thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. Crystal, I'll add your cousin Annette to my prayer list. I'd love a miracle, but maybe it's time to start praying for Kay and her family to find peace and less pain.

Jenna Mindel said...

Pat,
My thoughts and prayers for you, your family and Kay.