Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. You may be preparing a meal, baking a pie, or maybe waiting for family and friends to arrive at your home for the holiday. Or maybe you’re like me and will be traveling to be with your family. Whatever you’re doing to prepare for Thanksgiving, I’m guessing you’re thinking of what you are thankful for. Maybe you’ve had a great year and it’s not a struggle to list the many blessings in your life. Or maybe you’ve struggled with unemployment, foreclosure of your house, an illness, or even the loss of a family member or loved one.

Whatever has occurred in the past year there are always things to be thankful for and I hope if you’ve had a tough year you can find the positive. My year has been filled with wonderful blessings, but I’ve also had many years when I’ve had to dig extra deep to find those blessings. My father passed away near Thanksgiving so the holiday is difficult for me even when life is going well. But, I am thankful that he believed in Jesus as his savior and he is now in heaven with my mother and in the arms of our savior.

I am especially thankful that my family is healthy and happy. I have a wonderful church, Pastor and church family. I have had two books release in the year, Nipped in the Bud and High-Stakes Inheritance and have contracted two more to release in 2011 in the Love Inspired Suspense line. Most of all I am thankful that I have a Lord and Savior who has saved me.

So what about you? What are your holiday plans and what are you giving thanks for this year?

2 comments:

Susan Sleeman said...

I am praying for your father to find a job and pray you all have a blessed Thanksgiving, Laura.

Rose said...

i love Thanksgiving