Monday, October 25, 2010
Hero Interview from A Daughter for Christmas by Margaret Daley
Hero Interview from A Daughter for Christmas by Margaret Daley:
1. Dr. Max Connors, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I have a chance to be a father to a thirteen year old daughter I never knew I had. I'm excited and afraid at the same time.
2. What do you do for fun?
Read--mostly non fiction books about history and biographies.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Telling Rachel Howard her adopted daughter is my child--a child my ex-wife never told me she had when I was serving in the Middle East. I'm not looking forward to that, but I want to be a part of my daughter's life.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Not knowing how to be a good dad for Taylor. Suddenly I've got a teenage daughter and I didn't have the years before to get to know her and establish a relationship with her.
5. What do you want out of life?
Peace. As a doctor serving in the military in the Middle East, I've seen too much death.
6. What is the most important thing to you?
Getting to know my daughter.
7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Non-fiction about history and biographies.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Since my ex-wife left me when I was overseas in the military, I've become very cautious of letting myself get too close to another.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
No. I didn't think it was fair to have one when I worked long hours in New York City at the hospital.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
That's hard for me to answer. There are so many historical periods I find fascinating. But I suppose if I had to pick it would be during the time when the United States became a new country. What an exciting time for us. Our founding fathers had such a vision. I would have liked to have been there and given them my two cents, especially in light of what is happening today.