Monday, August 31, 2009

New Love Inspired at last from Marta Perry


Wow, I'm so glad that September is finally here, and I can announce a new Love Inspired release at last! I haven't had a book out since last July, and that's a long time for me. I've been writing, I keep assuring the people who ask very cautiously what I've been doing all this time! But my schedule took a couple of unexpected twists and turns along the way, and the editors wanted to bring out the books in the series fairly close together, and that's how it goes sometimes.


Now, at last--TA DA! Here is TWICE IN A LIFETIME! I'm so happy to see it, and the cover turned out exactly the way I hoped it would. TWICE IN A LIFETIME begins a new series for me. Yes, I've run out of Flanagans, so I had to find a new family to write about, and I'm very happy with the Bodines of South Carolina. They are a large (very large) extended family living in Charleston, South Carolina and on the nearby islands: Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms. Many members of the family are Coast Guard officers, and I've loved getting to know so much more about the heroes of that valuable branch of the military. And the reason it's such a large family is that I want to write lots and lots of books about them!
I'm also enjoying writing this series because every winter my husband and I load up the car and trek down to South Carolina to get away from the cold and snow here in Pennsylvania. Our second home is on Hilton Head Island, but we do spend a lot of time in the Charleston area because our daughter lives on Isle of Palms. She teaches at The Citadel, and her two daughters are really island girls, who actually attend the school that's mentioned in the book.
Very often I create fictional towns in which to set my stories, so that I won't offend anyone who knows an actual place and may have a different view of it. But the Bodines are different--they live in a real place, and many of the things they do and places they go are things I've experienced. So, if you're familiar with the area, I apologize in advance for any mistakes you feel I've made. And if you're visiting Charleston--go have a bowl of she-crab soup or a shrimpburger and think of me!
Marta Perry

No comments: