Monday, March 2, 2009

Hi, Debra Clopton here with a big smile :)



We Love Inspired Authors just had discussion on line about posting our name at the top of our post so everyone would know when you first log on who is writing the blog...(we also discussed using pictures of ourselves if we didn't have a picture of something interesting to share) so as you can tell I didn't have an interesting picture to share so you get my photo instead :)


I loved Carolyne's beautiful snow covered photo on the previous post but I have to tell you that I'm getting excited, spring is coming here in Texas and that's my kind of weather! I just get excited thinking about it. God made me a warm weather girl and though I'm looking at Carolyne's beautiful snow covered sunrise and feeling a lovely sense of peace at how pretty it is, I'm also looking at it and thinking that I'm thankful that I'm a Texan. Boy we have some beautiful weather down here and I'm so looking forward to writing and roving this spring and summer.
As winter is leaving and the sun is coming out I feel a sense of newness and hope--soooo bring on the sun, Lord--I'm ready!
Also, I have several Love Inspired books coming out over the spring and summer too--so I'm thrilled and smiling about that and hope that as readers pick them up I'm able to pass along a sense of that good old Texas warmth. To find a post on my first book of the summer TEXAS RANGER DAD drop over to my site www.debraclopton.blogspot.com
Have a great day everyone!


7 comments:

Cheryl Wyatt said...

Love the pic! I used to be a summer girl...but heat intolerance has endeared me more to winter, spring and fall. LOL!

The humidity here is terrible.

Looking forward to reading more of your books. Are all of the new releases Mule Hollow books? It's one of my favorite LI series.

Hugs
Cheryl

Debra Clopton said...

Hi Cheryl, Thanks for the comment. My post was a bit short but I have my nose buried in deadlines and this snuck up on me LOL. I dropped by the craftieladiesofromance.blogspot.com site last night and was catching up on blogs over there and loved your blog on huggers!You and your hubby are so darling together. It was a great blog.

Debbie

Janet Tronstad said...

Debra, We have great springs and falls here in southern California, too. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to your Mule Hollow titles coming up -- especially the one that is in our June 2-in-1 (with a Mule Hollow novella and a Dry Creek novella all in one). I don't think Steeple Hill has ever done a book quite like this and I think readers will love the format.

Leann Harris said...

Debra, bluebonnets are the best in Spring. I have pictures my son has take of fields of bluebonnets. It make me thankful for the beauty all around us.

Debra Clopton said...

Janet I am so excited about our book that is coming out next month! I loved the entire process of working with you to come up with the idea of the two stories of the cousins. I believe readers will enjoy them too. Thank you again for coming up with the idea!
Debbie

Debra Clopton said...

Hi Leann,
I love Bluebonnets too. I know the picture of your son is awesome. I love those types of photos!

Missy Tippens said...

I love warm weather, too, Debbie. I'm so glad I'm in Georgia. But we had 5 inches of snow on Sunday! Really strange and exciting. :)