Sunday, February 15, 2009

All I got for Valentine's Day was a bad cold

We're the queens of romance, right? Our heroes are to die for. Our heroines snag the men of their dreams. So our lives should reflect an elevated aura of love, shouldn't they?

So how come all I got for St. Valentine's Day was a rotten cold? Where's the love?

Okay, I confess that my honey did baby me. He told me to stay in bed, he took the dog for her run, even got pizza last night so I wouldn't have to cook supper since I didn't feel like keeping our date to go out to eat. That was sort of special.

But I was hoping for flowers, an enormous card, a great big box of candy. Nada!
After 35 years of marriage I should know better. My guy doesn't do those kinds of things.
But he tucked the covers around my feet when they were cold. He kissed my forehead and told me he loved me. He even brought me a hot cup of peppermint tea. Love comes in many forms. Flowers and chocolate don't last long, but a guy who tell you that you look beautiful when your hair looks like a punk rocker's and your red nose could belong to W.C. Fields, that's the kind of love that last 35 years. Maybe even 50.


How did your Valentine's Day go? Did you get flowers? Come on. Make me feel better. Tell me what a wonderful, romantic day you had.
Pat

No comments: