Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Surprise Thank You Note


Hi from Gail Gaymer Martin -- http://www.gailmartin.com/


My sister-in-law's sister suggested I send my novel, The Christmas Kite, to Sarah Palin. The story is of a widow with a child who has Down Syndrome. The book was out as a trade book in 2003 and was released again this year as a mass market. At first I thought it wasn't a great idea. The woman is busy with politics, her Governor's position, a family and a new baby, but the more I thought I figured why not. I sent the book a few weeks before Christmas.

A few days before Christmas I received an envelope from the Governor of Alaska's office. I was surprised, but opening it, I expected a generic note about thank you for your thoughtfulness. Instead I received a lovely personal note about the book and comments of things I'd said in my letter. It was signed Sarah Palin. I'll certainly hang on to it.

I've been so pleased with reader mail regarding that book. It has touched many people who have a child with Down Syndrome and more who don't, but they enjoyed the book and it's message. I can only praise God for that.


If you haven't subscribed to my monthly newsletter, you still have time before January 1. Visit my website above and subscribed by typing in your name and state just below the welcome message on the home page. I offer a free book six times a year and details are in my newsletter.

Wishing you all a very happy new year filled with blessings.

No comments: