Saturday, August 9, 2008

Taming the TBR pile...

If you are like me, then your to be read pile is completely out of control! And since I've just come back from RWA in San Francisco, where I was able to get a boxful of free books, my pile is even more scary. But I love books and I love reading so while others might look at my TBR as a pile of clutter, I think of my books as old friends.

I just finished reading Terri Reed's Double Jeopardy and it was fabulous! If you haven't read the character interview for Double Jeopardy, make sure you stop on over to the CRAFTIE Ladies of Suspense blog. Each week there will be a new interview from one of the Love Inspired Suspense books out that month. So you don't want to miss it!

And if you're a writer, you'll want to check out Debby Giusti's Donald Maass Writing the Breakout Novel blogs where she highlights elements of this wonderful writing reference book. She's on week 22 right now, but it's worth it to spend some time going back in the archives to see the rest of the series!

This month my book Her Only Protector is out on the shelves. Rumor has it you'll start seeing the Love Inspired Suspense books around August 12Th. So if you're out and about and you happen to see the August books, drop me an email or post on the blog where you're from. It's always fun to see where readers are finding my books. You can read an excerpt of Her Only Protector, please visit the eHarlequin website.

The next book on my TBR pile is Lynn Bulock's To Trust a Friend. Let me know what you're reading!

Until next time, many blessings, Lisa Mondello

2 comments:

Anita Mae Draper said...

Hey Lisa, I have about 250 books in my tbr pile, but it's very organized. About 70% of them are waiting for missing books to complete their series which I love reading.

Another 10% are series that I've completed and are waiting for me to read.

And the other 20% are single title books that are waiting for me, too.

What am I reading now? I'm half way through Masked by Moonlight, a Love Inspired Historical by Allie Pleiter and I'm loving this book!

Next on my list is a Love Inspired book Lone Star Courtship by Mae Nunn. It's part of the Texas Treasures series but I didn't know Mae was writing more and I've already read the rest - and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Anita Mae Draper said...

Hey Lisa - I forgot to add we also have an audiobook on the go whenever we're in the vehicle and we're on the 3rd of 4 CDs of Lena Nelson Dooley's Pirate's Prize from Heartsong.

Everyone in our family loves the Heartsong audio books - even my teen and tween boys. :-)